Music's Like a Snuggie for Your Soul

MUSIC'S LIKE A SNUGGIE FOR YOUR SOUL

Monday, May 14, 2012

For my friend, Liv at 'a slice of my heart'. I happened upon this poem yesterday by a guy from my school:

Home

I've been around the world
and there's one thing that I learned:
no matter where you go,   
all roads lead to home    
I've done a thousand things    
and some things were the right ones  
but I'll cling to no regrets      
cause life's flowing like a river
it keeps on keepin on

And I'm slowly getting better
day by day and song by song
And time returns the balance
and the rights outweigh the wrongs

Embrace each passing moment
as it might just be our last one
savor days we won't get back
like a wind that's come and gone
Follow your dreams 
great lengths til you've caught them
for as long as you've loved
you're never forgotten
Remember it's about the journey
and the connections that you form

I've been around the world
and if there's one thing that I learned
it's that no matter where you go
all roads lead to home
I've done a thousand things
and some of them were right ones
but I have no regrets
cause life flows like a river
so keep on keeping on

I've been around the world
and there's one thing that I learned
it's no matter where you go
all roads lead to home
and your heart is home
your heart is home
your heart is a beautiful home
-Morgan Douglas


2 comments:

  1. Oh, baby girl, you are somethin' else.

    Beautiful poem, beautiful thing to do.

    But the best words I've heard were when you said -

    "Home is where our hearts are and it's no small feat making it that way. 28 years of transference, you taking in the molecules in a particular space and submitting your own back."

    You got it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks for saying so, though i'd change it looking at it now to "it's not small feat it comes to be that way." Because, while a lot of it is effort and activity, it's also a passive process, and i'm not sure the passive part can be entirely dismissed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like flowers on the doorstep.